Menu Filter
Filter Listings
Resize Me

    • CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 1938


    • SPACE TYPE: Other

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The distillery ORBAT (acronym for Organizzazione Battaglia) was built in the 30s for the production of ethyl alcohol, and operated until the 2000s. Here, products like molasses, carobs and apples were processed to make edible and denatured alcohol. [...]

    View more Show on map

    • CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 1935


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Ruin

    Giovanni Battista Caproni largely contributed to the development of the Italian aeronautical engineering. In the early thirties' his projects became an example for the construction of the new national airstrike squadrons. Mussolini decided to locate [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Ruin

    Industrial buildings outside Râşnov. CONTRIBUTOR: Josef F. Stuefer [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The Weiss Manfréd Acél- és Fémművek ("Manfréd Weiss Steel and Metal Works"), or colloquially Csepel Művek ("Csepel Works") was one of the largest machine factories in Hungary, located on Csepel island outside Budapest. It played an integral [...]

    View more Show on map

    • CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 1947


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    VEB Combine Textima was a producer 0f machines for the textile industry, made up of many dispossessed enterprises. After 1990 it was called Textima AG and in 1996  it turned insolvent [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    In Pirna, on top of the Sonnenstein hill, residence the center of DDR aircraft industry. It was part of the VEB Combine Generating plant Engineering and Construction. After 1990 it was privatized and 5 years later declared insolvent. Text by Mark [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The aerial ropeway was, during the late 19th century until the Second World War, one of  the most famous modes of transport of ressources especially for mining.  The company Adolf Bleichert & Co. Leipzig- Gohlis controlled most of the ropew [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    These images were taken at the now abandoned, ruined and derelict "Kranostroene" crane-building factory in Aytos, Bulgaria. The factory had been operational since the 1970s and had manufactured cranes for local industry and for export abroad to Europ [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The former Hydrostroy complex, located near the village of Debelt, Bulgaria is now completely abandoned. There are a number of smaller buildings surrounding the main office and operations building showed in this photos. The Hidrostroy company has bee [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The yarn factory was built in the 1970s in the east suburbs of the town of Kyustendil. The factory was named after the medieval name of the town: Velbyzhd. The facade has preserved the graphical decoration and the propaganda slogan "Let turn the [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    An abandoned leather factory that opened at the beginning of the Industrial revolution in Croatia, 1879. It was re-appropriated during World War II and again during the Communist regime. Later it was forced to close down, like so many other factor [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    Tžv Gredelj was a manufacturer of railroad cars, founded in 1894 as the main location for the maintenance of steam trains for the Hungarian railway. Up until the second World War it employed 2500 workers and its constructions were continuously up [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The main hall of a now ruined cement factory. It was established at the turn of the century and worked throughout the communist regime, finally to close in the early nineties [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Ruin

    The "Krajan" factory was built in 1863 as a railway manufacturing plant and, under the Soviet regime, it was renamed "January railway manufacturing plant". In 1930, the factory was converted into a crane plant. Since then, the Soviet regime began [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The oldest sugar factory in Serbia, named after Dimitrije Tucović: the founder of the Serbian Social Democratic Party.       [...]

    View more Show on map

    • CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 1900


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Under-used

    These buildings belonged to ČKD (Českomoravská Kolben-Daněk), once the largest complex of factories in the country producing machinery. It was founded in 1871 from the merge of two smaller companies. During the German occupation of Czechoslova [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The Red Triangle Factory complex is a huge industrial zone in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was founded in 1860 by Hamburg merchant F. Krauskopf and his companions as the Russian-American Rubber Manufacture Association, since 1908 it was called "Tr [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    This is the abandoned building of the former Factory for capacitors (transliterated "Zavod za kondenzatori") in the suburbs of the city of Kyustendil. Electronic industry in Bulgaria was one of the perspective economic branches in the 1970 and 198 [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    Founded by general Eremia Grigorescu in 1895, Chimopar (Dudești Chemical Enterprise) is one of the oldest Romanian chemical companies and used to be one of the main producers of gun powder and other special chemicals in Romania. Along the years [...]

    View more Show on map

    • CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 1921


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    Malaxa factoriers were founded in 1921 in Bucharest by Nicolae Malaxa, a Romanian engineer and industrialist. Main activities were the repairing of the rolling stock, manufacturing steam locomotives, diesel locomotives, car-engines and passenger coac [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The Bulgarplod factory building in Sevlievo, Bulgaria, was a fruit and vegetable processing warehouse that belonged to "Bulgarplod" (literally "Bulgarian Fruit") - a state-owned produce and food supplier that, more-or-less, went belly-up after the fa [...]

    View more Show on map

    La ciminiera nella foto svetta, assieme ad altre, su quel che rimane dello stabilimento SNIA di Varedo. La fabbrica di Varedo viene realizzata nel 1924 per conto di una piccola società, la SA Seta Artificiale Varedo, fondata dal grosso gruppo i [...]

    View more Show on map

    Negli anni del fascismo e poi della ricostruzione, Bormioli fu un personaggio scomodo, uno dei pochi a svolgere un’azione di proposta e a incidere profondamente sul futuro della città. La vetreria Bormioli di Parma garantiva un posto sicuro e sala [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The Sucreries Raffineries Bulgares's factory, situated 4 km out of Sofia's city limits at the time in what is today the Zaharna Fabrika ("sugar factory") neighbourhood, was opened on 28 November 1898 in the presence of Bulgarian monarch Prince Ferdin [...]

    View more Show on map

    • CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 1908


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned

    The cement factory complex was built in the early 20th century (1908) and has made a significant contribution to the economic development of Podsused. Its first owner was Zagreb resident Felix Mandl, and in its beginnings the factory operated under [...]

    View more Show on map


    • SPACE TYPE: Factory

    • PRESERVATION STATUS: Abandoned, Under-used

    Csepel Works is a former industrial district in Budapest, Hungary. This place was an important location during the age of Communism, but today it is used by the periphery of society as a meeting point. Link budapestgolocal ppmhungary [...]

    View more Show on map